Digital Analytics Specialist (French Services)
Why work at CBC/Radio-Canada?
When you come to CBC/Radio-Canada, you’re not only joining the undisputed leader in expressing Canadian culture – you’re also participating in its digital revolution. Here, you’ll actively contribute to creating innovative projects on our major platforms and will find a stimulating, state-of-the-art and team-focused work environment.
What will your role be?
Digital is a key part of our present and our future. CBC/Radio-Canada’s strategy is focused on becoming the first organization to provide a digital platform that delivers unique content and experiences for our audiences, by telling stories that reflect who they are. If you’re passionate about the user experience, love technology, and are driven to bring out the best in others, you’ll enjoy working at CBC/Radio-Canada.
What team will you be on?
The Digital Media Cybermetrics team gathers and ensures the quality and integrity of data used to support the Corporation’s strategic business decisions while helping our partners evolve Radio-Canada’s digital offering.
As Digital Analytics Specialist, you will be required to work with a variety of stakeholders (web and mobile development team, research team, business analysts, sales, Comscore) across all Radio-Canada digital properties (News, ICI TÉLÉ, ICI PREMIÈRE, ICI MUSIQUE, ICI TOU.TV).
Your role will consist of analyzing web and mobile analytics needs for our properties, proposing technical solutions adapted to needs, drafting implementation plans for developer teams, and conducting appropriate quality tests to guarantee data integrity.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Gather data collection in analytics tools.
- Ensure data quality and integrity.
- Participate in the identification, analysis, prioritization of digital measurement requirements.
- Develop technical tagging solutions according to requirements
- Draft the implementation guide (tagging plan) for developers.
- Script and optimize the data layer.
- Configure/program the tag management tool (GTM).
- Develop and execute the testing plan on implementations.
- Watch for analytics trends, changes and advances in the market.
What candidate profile are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant university degree.
- Two or more years’ experience in digital analytics using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics (certification an asset).
- In-depth understanding of SDK, API implementation concepts.
- Familiarity with analytics for various media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, DFP, AdWords, Lotame and Comscore).
- Familiarity with one or more tag managers: Google (GTM), Firebase, Adobe DTM, Tealium, etc.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Good judgment, thoroughness, initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Strong ability to work well in a team and communicate complex information effectively.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good general knowledge and high degree of curiosity (acquiring and developing new skills and knowledge).
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
Please note that this is a 12-month contract position, renewable annually.
As well, it is important to distinguish that this is not a consulting mandate, but rather a regular, long-term opportunity as an employee with Radio-Canada, complete with competitive benefits.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company