Digital Product Manager (Product Owner), Tou.TV (French Services)
Why work at CBC/Radio-Canada?
When you come to CBC/Radio-Canada, you’re not only joining the undisputed leader in expressing Canadian culture – you’re also participating in its digital revolution. Here, you’ll actively contribute to creating innovative projects on our major platforms and will find a stimulating, state-of-the-art and team-focused work environment.
Are you passionate about all things digital with a marked interest in video on demand platforms? Are you an experienced and self-driven product manager? This opportunity is for you. As part of the Digital Media team, you will be working on the short, medium and long term vision and evolution of Tou.TV and its different platforms.
In collaboration with the TV business unit, your product team (design, development, business analysis, quality assurance, etc.) and various partners, you will:
- Establish the product vision and roadmap
- Analyze product performance, both in terms of business objectives and from a satisfaction and user engagement point of view
- Participate in all strategy, design and development activities (design sprints, development sprints, etc.)
- Ensure the health and continuous improvement of your product team (processes, tools, communication and meeting rituals, etc.)
The user experience is at the heart of your concerns and you plan the product’s evolution by taking into account the needs of the target audience, technological progress and the state of competition. You navigate well in an agile environment and embrace a mindset of experimentation: you encourage different techniques to regularly test with the target audience the various possibilities to improve the product experience. You are good at prioritizing what will quickly bring the most value, and know how to conduct this exercise regularly with your team and stakeholders.
You are a team player and can rally people around a vision and roadmap for your product. You work in collaboration with several internal and external partners to identify and implement business needs, keeping the user at the center of your priorities.
In addition to having your product development at heart, you actively participate in the agile product management community of practice within the organization. You are an ambassador by sharing internal and industry best practices.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree in technology, software engineering, business management, or any other related training.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience with at least 5 years in a digital product management role.
- Very good understanding of the different digital development expertise (business analysis, design, architecture and programming, quality assurance, etc.) and good understanding of marketing and digital content expertise.
- Experience working in an agile environment:
- Lean development and design
- Scrum and Kanban methods
- Planning tools like JIRA
- Experience with different approaches to collect user data and insights.
- Experience in digital media, entertainment and OTT platforms is an asset.
- Bilingual (French / English) spoken and written.
What will make the difference:
- Strong strategic thinker and idea generator with operational skills to both develop a product vision and bring it to life.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with transversal disciplines, build trust between peers, influence effectively and positively.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate complex information at all levels of an organization.
- Ambassador of agile values, principles and methods, capable of identifying and encouraging the most relevant management and development practices for his product and team.
- Confident, curious and eager.
- Self-aware, self-driven and empathetic.
- A genuine interest in technology and media with a passion for digital product development and user experience.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
Please note that this is a 12-month contract position, renewable annually.
As well, it is important to distinguish that this is not a consulting mandate, but rather a regular, long-term opportunity as an employee with Radio-Canada, complete with competitive benefits.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
CBC/Radio-Canada - is looking for Digital Analytics Specialist (French Services)Montreal 25 Apr, 2020