Reporter-Editor (French Services)
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We are looking for 2 experienced and dynamic reporters to provide coverage of Toronto affairs out of our downtown bureau. Working under the supervision of multiple producers, you will be required to write copy and create audio and video for Radio-Canada Ontario’s various platforms, with a digital priority.
The successful candidates will report for all editorial platforms as needed.
- Write copy and create audio and video for Radio-Canada Ontario’s various platforms, with a digital priority.
- Develop and maintain contacts with a variety of sources.
- Conduct analysis of facts and information gathered and draw conclusions or raise issues requiring further investigation.
- Gather and report information from various sources.
- Decide which elements should be included in an item, their order, length and sequence, as well as the method of transition from one element to another.
- Contribute ideas or program content; participate in the preparation of newsroom objectives.
- As required, perform the following tasks:
- Present information and/or analysis on air in a variety of formats, TV, radio and digital.
- Follow particular areas of current public interest or concern.
- Perform other production or administrative duties to ensure that the newsroom or program unit runs smoothly.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree and training in communications or journalism, or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ journalism experience; proven field skills and knowledge of broadcasting.
- Excellent journalism knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of Toronto and provincial affairs.
- Excellent general and current-affairs knowledge.
- Ability to develop and present news and current-affairs stories.
- Proven on-air skills: hosting, interviewing, reporting.
- Enterprising approach to interviewing and fact gathering.
- Thorough understanding of CBC/Radio-Canada’s Journalistic Standards and Practices.
- Knowledge of production applications in use at CBC/Radio-Canada (TV, radio, digital).
- Superior French-language skills (spoken and written) and very good knowledge of English.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada’s insurance company.
- Sound editorial judgment; strong critical and analytical skills.
- Relevant experience putting together and delivering reports and live hits.
- Ability to work well in a team and remotely.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate your day-to-day work so as to meet tight deadlines; ability to work well under pressure.
- Initiative and resourcefulness, as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Will be required to travel and work flexible shifts.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company